COYOTE COLOR FOR USE WITH NEW OCP MULTICAM UNIFORMS - IMPORTED
Base Layer: Worn next to skin by itself or in conjunction with other levels for added insulation and to aid in the transfer of moisture. Known to most as "Silk Weight" or "Silkies" due to their thin and comfortable construction.
The Extreme Cold Weather Clothing System, or Gen-III ECWCS is a protective cold weather clothing system created originally by the United States Army Natick Soldier Research, Development and Engineering Center. This system consisted of a parka and trousers plus 20 other individual clothing, headwear and footwear items which are used in various combinations to meet the cold weather environmental requirements of the US military.
Our baselayer level garments are based off these designs to give our garments the same quality and utility as the base layers of this system. The Level-1 garments draw moisture away from the skin to the outer layers of clothing providing great warmth without weight, is fast drying and compresses to reduce volume when packed.
- Built from 3.7-ounce plaited polyester jersey knit fabric for flexible resilience
- Tag-free inner neck provides distraction-free comfort
- Double-needle tailoring featured at crewneck and bottom hem for durability
- Flat-locked seams fight chafing during high activity
- Integrated thumb holes in sleeves for layering and warmth
- Microban technology fights formation of odor-causing bacteria